Over a 14 month period in ’89-’90, John Wayne Glover murdered six elderly women on the North Shore.
- Trial of former policemen Roger Rogerson and Glen McNamara began today at the Supreme Court of NSW
- The pair are charged with the murder of UTS student and alleged drug dealer Jamie Gao in May, 2014
- Police say 6 youths were involved in an altercation in the car park of Hungry Jacks on King Georges Road, Wiley Park at 9pm Sunday (26/07)
- The fight spilled into the streets as the groups took off in a red Honda Civic and a silver Toyota Rav 4, crashing into each other before engaging in a high speed chase
- The chase continued until the Civic smashed into a marked police vehicle, with no injuries sustained to police officers (NSW Police)
Another car became involved as a silver Mercedes allegedly ran into the red Civic straight after the run-in with police. The driver of the Mercedes then attempted to fight the driver of the car, leading Police to suspect that these two people knew each other previous to the incident.
All persons involved returned a negative breath test and subsequently released without charge pending the investigation. They have supplied limited information to police, who appeal to the public if they have any information that may assist in their enquiries.
Campsie Police Inspector Macklan says
It’s a typical South West job – nothing is what it seems
A 20 year old man has been arrested by the Metropolitan Robbery Squad for an assault and robbery at a Forrest Lodge convenience store in February 2013 (NSW Police)
Continue reading “Arrest made in Marrickville over convenience store robbery”
Michael Gavanas, 50, was discovered by two members of the public on Saturday (18/07/15) in Melrose Park (NSW Police)